Every year the third Thursday of May is the Global Accessibility Awareness Day. This year it falls on the 19th of May. According to DaysofTheYear, Global Accessibility Awareness Day was first observed in 2015. So this will be the seventh year of celebrating this day.
At UCEM we have taken a lot of steps to create accessibility awareness among our staff.
- Poster campaign
- Screensaver campaign
- Accessibility in-person workshops
- Accessibility webinars
- Accessibility online workshops
- Accessibility Awareness Course
- Assistive Technology – 58 badges
- Web Accessibility and Standards – 43 badges
- Accessible Colour – 46 badges
- Headings and Document Structure – 36 badges
- Accessible Video and Audio – 34 badges
- Accessible Images – 34 badges
- Accessible Tables – 34 badges
- Accessibility Awareness – 24 badges
I am a Learning Technology Researcher and the Chair of the Online Learning Research Centre at the University College of Estate Management. My principle research interests lie in the area of social implications of information and communication technologies, especially eLearning.
Tharindu’s profile on LinkedIn